Registration beginning September 1st. Practices begin mid-September and run through mid-June.
We are happy to announce the start of the Dolphin Swim Team for the 2020-21 season. As with many things these days we have had to make changes to ensure the health & safety of our swimmers and our staff. Please take time to read through the entire description. As of now we will not be scheduling swim meets. If other teams in our league return to the pool we will schedule Virtual Swim Meets. All participants will be temperature screened when they enter the building and will need to go through a COVID-19 contact tracing questionnaire. Our first priority is the health & safety of all in our community. Please contact Deidra Clark-Towers, Aquatic Director at email@example.com or at 516-822-3535 ext. 330 with any questions.
Click For Reservation Form
PRACTICE SCHEDULE (There are no make-ups for missed practices and no switching days as we need to restrict the number of swimmers in the pool area)
Developmental Tuesday & Thursday 5-6pm
Comp B Monday & Wednesday 5-6pm
Tuesday & Thursday 5-6pm
Comp A, Junior Elite, Elite
Monday & Wednesday 615-745
Tuesday & Thursday 615-745
Sunday Clinics are included in all levels – you must register in the reservation system located on our website 3 days in advance for the time you’d like to participate. May only register for one timeslot each Sunday. First Come, First Serve.
Times for Sunday Clinics: 3-3:50 Developmental
4-4:50 Comp B, Comp A, Junior Elite, Elite
5-5:50 Comp B, Comp A, Junior Elite, Elite
6-6:50 Comp B, Comp A, Junior Elite, Elite
FEES: Will be automatically charged monthly. Must have valid credit card on file.
Developmental & Comp B $155
Member Discount: $108
Comp A, Junior Elite, Elite $165
Member Discount: $120
Any cancellations must complete and submit Cancellation Form 30 days prior to avoid being charged. There are no refunds or discounts.
All tryouts are done by appointment. Contact Deidra Clark-Towers at 516-822-3535 ext 330 to schedule.
Returning swimmers: Begin the week of September 14th.
New Swimmers: Begin the week of September 21st.
SUNDAY CLINIC PRACTICES: Begin October 4th
Last Day of the Program: Monday June 21st
HOLIDAYS: NO PRACICES
MONDAY SEPTEMBER 28th – YOM KIPPUR
THURSDAY NOVEMBER 26th – THANKSGIVING DAY
THURSDAY DECEMBER 24th– SUNDAY JANUARY 3rd – HOLIDAY WEEK.
SUNDAY MARCH 28TH & MONDAY MARCH 29TH – PASSOVER
SUNDAY MAY 30TH & MONDAY MAY 31ST – MEMORIAL DAY
Equipment required: to be purchased by swimmers
We will be supplying each swimmer with a Dolphin Team bathing cap. We are not supplying any equipment to borrow. It is important for all swimmers to have equipment at each practice to fully benefit from the workout.
Developmental– Equipment Bag, Fins, Kickboard, Pull Buoy, Bathing Suit, Towel & Goggles
Comp B, Comp A, Junior Elite, Elite – Equipment Bag, Fins, Kickboard, Pull Buoy, Ankle Locks, Snorkel, Bathing Suit, Towel & Goggles
USA SWIMMING option: Until USA Swimming and our local LSC (Local Swim Conference) decide if and how they can hold competitions we will not be offering this option.
General Team Information:
· All Swimmers must check in at the Member Check in, have their temperature taken at the door and complete the health screening.
· Everyone entering the building must wear a mask and keep the mask on until they are about to enter the pool. One they exit the pool the mask must go back on.
· Please do not come on the deck for practice until the previous swimmers are off the deck and the area has been sanitized. The staff will let you know when to enter.
· All Swimmers need to clear off the deck and out of the pool area at the conclusion of practice. No congregating or hanging out on the pool deck before or after practice.
· Parents may not be on the pool deck during practice.
· Swimmers may not use the locker rooms, there is a restroom on the pool deck for lavatory purposes only. Please come changed and leave in swimsuits. No changing on deck or in the restrooms
· Swimmers will be 4-6 to a lane having 2-3 on each side of the lane and must maintain social distancing.
· Each swimmer must have their own equipment. The JCC no longer is able to have equipment to borrow, including goggles.
· The JCC will no longer be able to have a lost and found. Any equipment left will be discarded at the end of the day.
· You will not be able to change the days you are registered for due to reduced capacity, social distancing and COVID tracing protocols that need to be maintained. We cannot allow and changes or walk-ins.
· Max number per time slot is 24 or 36 depending on the day.
· We are all in the Covid-19 fight together and we believe that we can all do our part to keep our Community safe.
· Parents will adhere to sick child policies and other protocols.
· Families will continue to shelter in place, to the best of their ability and follow face covering and physical distancing directives when out in public.
· Parents will make sure children are not displaying possible symptoms of Covid-19 when they are dropped off at the JCC.
· Parents will not bring a child to the JCC when anyone in their household has possible symptoms of Covid-19.
· Parents agree to keep their child home for two weeks, after a trip, if the child has flown in an airplane.
· Parents will consider, understand and acknowledge that every decision they make for their family in terms of safety has the potential to affect every family in their child’s team.
Thank you for your cooperation in allowing all of us to have a fun, safe, and healthy team!